Optimizing & Staging a Model
With the Pixyz Plugin for Unity, it is possible to use 3 optimization and staging tools:
These tools allows users to further optimize and stage the scene to accelerate global process of CAD importation in Unity, by making common but cumbersome tasks automatic or semi automatic, but also by providing additionnal tools that would require your workflow to go through third party applications, increasing your overall time and work required for the preparation of your scene.
Here are some examples :
- Replacing objects by prefabs, such as trees from Autodesk Revit.
- Switching materials with prebuilt Unity materials.
- Merging some parts of the hierachy for reduced draw calls
- Decimating some parts, found thanks to their Metadata from the original file
- Adding colliders to make your assets physics-ready
- Adding points lights at light bulb locations
- Creating optimized mesh from original to reduce performance issues : Retopology, Combine, Billboard ...